Why I am at MATC
Hello World. My name is Timothy Huynh. I'm 24 years old, born and raised in MIlwaukee, WI. I am a student at Milwaukee Area Technical College, currently enrolled in the IT-Web and Software development program. As for my work experience I've had a few jobs here and there. I worked at Metro Market as a Baker for a few years. I've also worked as an office cleaner at the Mayfair Medical Center and as a Package Handler at Fedex. When I'm not working or in school I'm usually playing videos games on various platforms or somewhere on the Internet.
Coming to MATC was based on a couple of reasons, so allow me to take you through my thought process at the time. MATC was very close to where I live and was also a good fit for me financially. After high school I thought of a few degrees/certifications that I would be interested in. Such as Welding, engineering, and anything in IT. I thought it would be good to start here and get some of my basic classes done first. In doing that it would give me some time to decide on my program, which was really great because I had absolutely no idea what to pick. Ultimately, I ended up selecting my program in IT.
The major reason for selecting my program is because of my love for technology. I got my first computer when I was just five years old. It had belonged to my uncle, it was an E-machines, with one of those old school heavy fat back monitors. I've been in love with the Internet and computers ever since. The Internet has grown so much more since then it's really incredible, and access to it is much more readily available. Just think about it, this is the first time in history that we've ever had access to the world's information in the palm of your hand! Hopefully I'll be able to add to that one day by creating a computer program or mobile app.
Coming to MATC was based on a couple of reasons, so allow me to take you through my thought process at the time. MATC was very close to where I live and was also a good fit for me financially. After high school I thought of a few degrees/certifications that I would be interested in. Such as Welding, engineering, and anything in IT. I thought it would be good to start here and get some of my basic classes done first. In doing that it would give me some time to decide on my program, which was really great because I had absolutely no idea what to pick. Ultimately, I ended up selecting my program in IT.
The major reason for selecting my program is because of my love for technology. I got my first computer when I was just five years old. It had belonged to my uncle, it was an E-machines, with one of those old school heavy fat back monitors. I've been in love with the Internet and computers ever since. The Internet has grown so much more since then it's really incredible, and access to it is much more readily available. Just think about it, this is the first time in history that we've ever had access to the world's information in the palm of your hand! Hopefully I'll be able to add to that one day by creating a computer program or mobile app.


Comments
Post a Comment